Heath Ledger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BigHit Interview 1 September 2001

Go down

BigHit Interview 1 September 2001 Empty BigHit Interview 1 September 2001

Post  Admin Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:53 pm

BigHit Interview

Sure he’s a big Hollywood star, but Australia’s own Heath Ledger admits that he really does miss his hometown. When he popped back into Sydney recently to promote his lead role of William in the romantic comedy A Knight’s Tale, Big Hit grabbed him to find out more about his tattoos, cars and Vegemite!

Was A Knight’s Tale a tough film to make?

It was mainly physically challenging. The accent was easy because I didn’t have an accent coach, and there was no specific accent. The director [Brian Helgeland] said, ‘You can just do what ever you want.’

So, why didn’t you do an Aussie accent?

I just didn’t feel comfortable. Up until I first turned up on set, he was like, ‘Yeah, we’re just going to keep whatever accents.’ I turned up and everyone was using an English accent, I was like, ‘Brian!’ He’s like, I don’t know man! Just do whatever you want.’ So, I just did an accent, I don’t know what it is, it’s kind of English, whatever….

With an Australian twang here and there.

Yeah, it’s whatever. That’s the beauty about the movie, it’s not historically correct. It’s not limited by truths and facts. They blasted down that barrier with the rock ‘n’ roll music. It just sets it up.

Would you like to come back and work in Australia?

Yes. It’s all depending on the material and the scripts. Yeah sure, if there is something I really want to.

Is there anything you miss about Australia when you’re away for so long?

Like Vegemite? Yeah, my family send it over. I miss my family. The beach. All the good things.

Once when you came home you brought your 10 Tings I Hate About You co-star Andrew Keegan, and this time it was Heather Graham [Heath and Heather split when they returned to the US]. Is anyone else begging you to bring them to Oz?

Um, Yeah, definitely my friends want to come out and see the place, for sure. I tell them everything that you already know – it’s a wonderful place and it’s the best-kept secret. Come and share it with me. The green grass, blue sky, Vegemite. (laughs)

Is dating an American different from dating an Australian?

I don’t know. I think it’s so easy to categorise Americans and it’s so much fun. (Laughs)

LA isn’t really America. It’s Mars in comparison! I love American people. Most of my friends are American people professionally.

Do you read any of the gossip stuff?

No, but I think a lot of it is funny. It’s hilarious.

What have you heard? Is it true that Heather went to a tarot card reader and dragged you along?

No, that isn’t true and I didn’t buy her earrings and she wasn’t disappointed that it wasn’t a ring. No, that’s not true either. There’s a bunch of stuff and I hear about them just through friends. They ring me up and we laugh about it. You have to find comedy in it, because people are funny.

Is that a real tattoo [Heath has a black and white tattoo on his left biceps]?

What is it?

It’s the centre of the universe.

That’s very cool. Did you design it yourself?

Yeah.

What’s on your other biceps?

Well, that’s the sun, that’s the earth and that there is the moon.

Do you just have those tattoos?

Yes.

Do you feel spiritually connected to the stars and the universe?

Yeah, I think that’s something we should all be interested in. That’s the only solid truth we have!

Your face is everywhere on movie posters for this movie, how do you feel about that?

I don’t take it all on. I’m really very good at slagging off and not thinking about this industry. I do it everyday. I just don’t think about it. I don’t worry about it, I don’t believe anything that I read good or bad. I just really hold onto the truth, my own truths, and that’s all I want to live by.

Are you into Hollywood’s glitzy party scene?

(Shakes his head). Just look at the way I’m dressed! What do you think?
Admin
Admin
HEATH'S ANGEL
HEATH'S ANGEL

https://heathledger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down