Heath Ledger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moviefone Interview 1 May 2001

Go down

Moviefone Interview 1 May 2001 Empty Moviefone Interview 1 May 2001

Post  Admin Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Moviefone Interview

Heath Ledger's rise to fame has been speedy, to say the least. The star of A Knight's Tale, which opens Friday, has made only two prior films in the U.S.: 10 Things I Hate About You and The Patriot, in which he played Mel Gibson's rebellious son and held his own opposite the superstar at least as well as Danny Glover.

But the 22-year-old Perth, Australia, native has been acting since his appearance in a stage production of "Peter Pan" at age 10. 12 years later he's dating Heather Graham and carrying one of this summer's biggest releases on his shoulders. Here Ledger undergoes our probing questionnaire.

Moviefone: Who was your first celebrity crush?

Heath Ledger: Judy Garland, Wizard of Oz, in just that little blue cotton dress.

Moviefone: What song must be on the soundtrack of your life?

Ledger: "Imagine" (John Lennon).

Moviefone: What movie changed your life?

Ledger: Les Enfants du Paradis. It's inexplicable. I can't really explain why. Personal reasons. It just changed my thoughts on life. I was about 16.

Moviefone: Is there anything you'd like to cross off your resume?

Ledger: No. No regrets.

Moviefone: Ever regretted turning something down?

Ledger: No.

Moviefone: What's the best advice and the worst advice you've ever received?

Ledger: The best advice would be to work as if you don't need the money, love as if you've never been hurt, and dance as if no one's watching. And the worst advice: Do it for the money, kid. The first was from a friend, the second one was probably from a producer or something.

Moviefone: In the movie of your life who would play your parents?

Ledger: George from "Seinfeld" would play my dad and Sally Field would play my mom.

Moviefone: Favorite Springsteen song?

Ledger: I don't have one. No, I don't know any Bruce Springsteen.

Moviefone: What do you have on your nightstand?

Ledger: I haven't been there in about two years. I don't know. I wouldn't like to see.

Moviefone: Raging Bull or Ordinary People?

Ledger: Raging Bull.

Moviefone: What is the most underrated movie ever?

Ledger: Muppets in Space.

Moviefone: When was the first moment you felt famous?

Ledger: Hopping off on the plane in Perth recently, when I went back to my hometown, it was just a little mad. It's a bigger deal back there. I was scared, it was exciting, it was sad. It was new.

Moviefone: You know that skin that forms on top of chocolate pudding? Do you like that or do you think it's gross?

Ledger: Yeah, I think it's gross. I don't eat much chocolate.

Moviefone: Which of your roles is most like the real you and why?

Ledger: None of them are anything like me. Of course there are aspects of you, because you can't transform into another person. But none of them share my opinions or approaches to life. It's very hard to find a character that's entirely you.
Admin
Admin
HEATH'S ANGEL
HEATH'S ANGEL

https://heathledger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down